Center for Complexity and Gender Research - MARK
The Center for Complexity and Gender Research (MARK) was established in January 2011 and belongs to the Social Science Institute. The Center for Complexity and Gender Research is a forum for research and education in the field of human rights and discrimination and equality, gender and complexity in a broad sense.
At the Center there are teachers and scholars at the School of Social Sciences who conduct research on the above mentioned research areas.
The Role and Objective of the Center is:
- To promote research in the field of study
- Facilitating collaboration with national and foreign scholars and research institutions
- Providing students with facilities and training for research work
- Strengthening research and teaching relations
- Conducting consulting and research-related service projects
- Enhancing the field of study.
- Disseminating knowledge and presenting the results of research through publishing, lectures, educational meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Promote significant and effective policy formulation, discussion and development in the field in collaboration with public bodies, the business sector and the national life.
Home Center is www.mark.hi.is.
- Jónína Einarsdóttir, Professor of Anthropology
- Ólafur Rastrick, Assistant Professor of Ethnology
- Guðbjörg Linda Rafnsdóttir, Professor of Sociology
- Brynhildur G. Flóvenz, Associate Professor of Law
- Ingólfur V. Gíslason, Professor of Sociology
- Hallfríður Þórarinsdóttir, Anthropologist
The Center for Complexity and Gender Research operates an Advisory Council which is composed of amateur and stakeholders in the field of the Center. Its role is to act as a consultant and support for its activities. The Advisory Board was appointed:
- Halldóra Gunnarsdóttir, Specialist at the Human Rights Office of the City of Reykjavik
- Margrét Steinarsdóttir, Managing Director of the Human Rights Office of Iceland
- Hugrún Hjaltadóttir, Specialist at the Center for Gender Equality
- Atli Viðar Thorstensen, Specialist at the Icelandic Red Cross
- Tatjana Lationvic, Vice Chairman of the Immigration Council.