Research Center for Museum Studies
The Center for Research in Museum Studies was founded in 2010. The role of the Center for Research in Museum Studies is to increase and strengthen research in museum science by:
- Initiating and conducting research in the field of museum,projects in the field of museum
- Science conducting research-related service science
- Promoting research relations and teaching in the field of museums
- Collaborating with domestic and foreign research institutions and scholars in the science, and promoting links with business and national life
- Providing students with research training facilities and equipment for research work, and providing students with training and experience in scientific work methods by giving them the opportunity as far as possible, to conduct research work on behalf of the center
- Present the results of research, including by publishing academic papers, conducting professional courses, lectures and conferences in the field of museum science
- Be advisory in the field of museum studies, whether it is for stakeholders, institutions, companies or others
- Promoting the publication of academic works in the field of museum science.
In the board of the Center for Research in Museum Studies
- Bergsveinn Þórsson, City History Museum, representative of the Icelandic Museum and Museum Association
- Guðbrandur Benediktsson, City History Museum, Representative of the Museum Council
- Rakel Pétursdóttir, Head of the Art Museum of Iceland, Representative of the Icelandic Museum of Icelandic Geologists
- Þóroddur Bjarnason, Professor, University College London
- Terry Gunnell. Professor, Representative of the Department of Museum Studies, Professor
- Sigurjón Baldur Hafsteinsson, Representative of the Department of Museum Studies and Chairman of the Board of the Center for Research in Museum Studies
- Guðbjörg Andrea Jónsdóttir, Director of the Social Science Institute.
Secretary General are Sigurjón Baldur Hafsteinsson. In addition, Marta Guðrún Jóhannesdóttir worked on projects for the site during the year.