The Icelandic Centre for Third Sector Research
The Third Sector School was established in November 2010 and is run by the Faculty of Social Work and the Faculty of Political Science.
The main role of the Center is to promote research, development projects and education in the area of the third sector and general companies operating without profit.
The operation that is not covered by public or private operations has been called the third sector, ie. operations such as non-profit organizations and non-profit organizations.
The aim of the Center is:
- To improve basic and service research in the third sector in Iceland in collaboration with foreign universities
- To work on development projects aimed at increasing innovation and development in the third sector in cooperation with NGOs and the public sector
- To disseminate scientific and practical knowledge of the third sector
- To participate in a public sector policy on third-sectoral issues in cooperation with open-minded bodies and non-governmental organization
- To provide students with research-based postgraduate education opportunities and assistance in research in the third sector.
The Board of Directors consists of:
- Ómar Kristmundsson
- Steinunn Hrafnsdóttir
- Þórólfur Þórlindsson.
No permanent employee worked at the Center during the year and its activities were small.